Friday, April 9, 2010

It's finally spring!










I hope the weather is ready to stay nice! The winter has been really long. I think at one point we had gone over 90 days with temps below 40 degrees. That's one long, cold winter! Add in all the snow and we were so ready for spring to arrive. It's been teasing us for a while now but hopefully it's finally here to stay.

I love the nice weather. As soon as Jacob gets home, he and Abby head outside to play. Abby is old enough this year that I can let her ride her bike along the sidewalk in front of our house without worrying that she'll run into the street. So, the two of them are allowed to ride down the sidewalk and go past our house, two houses each way. They have a nice little pattern where they ride down, turn around in the second driveway and ride the opposite way and do the same. Those kids could ride up and down the sidewalk for hours. I love it because it leaves me with a nice quiet house and I can get some things done without someone following behind me undoing whatever I just did.
Joe got home early today so we all spent some time outside this afternoon. The kids drew a hopscotch on the driveway. Jacob perfected bike riding with no training wheels. Rachel hung out and enjoyed the fresh air and Abby sped along the sidewalk on her princess bike.




1 comment:

  1. Well Katy it looks like you have got the hang of blogging. Your doing a great job. I'm glad your enjoying the nice weather as well.

    ReplyDelete