Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

I mentioned in my first blog post that I want to lose some weight and that I hope to use this blog as sort of an accounting for that. I promise I won't fill it with food logs and minute by minute updates about my weight but hopefully I can at least share some ups and downs and get motivated by a little cheering section, right? :)

So, I started today. I have 25 pounds to lose. I've never had to really struggle with my weight but almost 3 kids have taken their toll on my body! I also hit age 33 this year. To me, it doesn't feel old in any sense of the imagination but I know that I'm getting older and it's just going to get harder and harder to get fit so I better just start now! This morning I started with a nice big glass of water followed by a big bowl of oatmeal and another glass of water. I need to toss out the easter candy-or at least put it somewhere where I'm not tempted-and get some more produce at the store. My main plan is to just eat less/better and move more. I know that's really all there is to a healthier lifestyle. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. you can do it.. the easiest thing to do is switch to whole grains.. and with summer fruit is abundant.. I struggle with emotional or mindless eating.. Its hard, you can do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going through the exact same thing right now Katy, just turned 33 and had about 25 pounds to lose. I've managed to lose 10 of it so far, just by eating WAY less, drinking more water, eating more fresh fruits and veggies, eating fewer processed foods and decreasing the amount we go out to eat. Stopped drinking soda at the first of the year, and even though I didn't drink much soda to begin with, that was a huge step for me. I feel SO much better, and rarely get headaches, which is a big deal considering I've been on migraine meds on and off for the past 10 years. Good luck, you can do it!! And this is a perfect time, while you've got breastfeeding on your side!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, YOU need to lose weight? You're so skinny! You can't possibly have 25 extra pounds right now.

    But, I know what you mean about baby weight (I'm still accumulating mine though...) and wanting to just get back in shape and back to normal.

    I'll wish you luck and all that good stuff... but seriously, you're not overweight! =)

    ReplyDelete